This could easily be the best dessert we have ever made together +
it’s made by an authentic Italian recipe.
It is supposed to serve 8 people, but we’d say it serves 2 (4 in case you’re feeling extremely generous).
3 tbsp rum
120ml strong black coffee
2 tbsp brandy
2 eggs, separated
5 tbsp sugar
100g dark chocolate, grated
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the rum with the coffee and brandy.
- Dip ladyfingers in the mixture and lay in a shallow dish.
- Beat together the mascarpone, egg yolks and sugar, and add the remaining rum.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, and fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon the mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat the procedure.
- Sprinkle the chocolate all over the top layer.
- Refrigerate overnight.