I’ve done pancakes by 1000 different recipes and I have to say that this one definitely makes it to the top 3. The strawberries are Pardon my French a pile of poop during wintertime, but the whipped cream was desperately begging for something sour to balance its sweetness, so… it is what it is.
500 ml milk
1 package of dry yeast (11 g)
800 ml flour
2 tbsp butter
7 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
0,5 tsp salt
- In a large sauce pan, heat the milk and butter until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. It should be warm but not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes. Then add the sugar, vanilla extract, salt and stir.
- Next add in flour and eggs and stir into an even batter.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about half an hour.
- Fry in medium heat on both sides until golden brown.