1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup natural unrefined cane sugar
1/2 lemon juice
1 cup coconut milk
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In one bowl beat together the eggs, juice of half a lemon and coconut milk.
- In other bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and matcha green tea powder.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until it becomes fluffy in texture (about 2 minutes). Turn off the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Turn the mixer on again and slowly add the eggs, juice of half a lemon and coconut milk. Mix for about a minute. Then slowly add the other bowl of ingredients (flour, baking powder and matcha green tea powder) and mix for another minute.
- Take a loaf pan and grease it with butter. Then pour the mixture in it.
- Put foil over then pan and place it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Then take off the foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when you are able to place a toothpick through the middle with it coming out damp, but without batter.
- Let the pound cake rest for half an hour or better yet… eat it the day after, when it has reached its maximum tastiness!