4 salmon fillets
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp ginger
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp chilli paste
400 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp fish sauce
Zest & juice of 1 lime
250 g rice noodles
- Sprinkle both sides of salmon with salt & pepper.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter. Add salmon, skin side up, and sear for 1-1,5 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook for another 1-1,5 minutes, then remove onto a plate (should still be raw inside).
- In the same pan, heat remaining 1 tbsp of butter. Add garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Cook for a minute.
- Add sugar and cook for 30 seconds. Then stir in chilli paste.
- Add coconut milk and stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet to dissolve any bits stuck on the base into the sauce.
- Stir in fish sauce, increase heat to medium. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place salmon into the sauce, lower heat and simmer gently for 4 minutes.
- Remove salmon, stir in lime zest and juice.
- Place rice noodles into the sauce.
- Serve salmon over rice noodles. Garnish with coriander and chillies.